Welcome to the consular pages of the Embassy's website!
The contact details of Hungarian consular representations in Canada and information on various consular services are available here.
- Please study our webpage before inquiring in email or over the phone. More often than not you will find all the information necessary here.
- Our aim is to provide complete information, however, for the sake of making our webpage an easier read and providing information specific to Canada, some details are missing. It is possible, for example, that the Hungarian authorities will require additional documents.
- You are welcome to send feedback and complaints to email@example.com.
Consulates in Canada
You will find information on all Hungarian career and honorary consular representations present in Canada. Contact details, basic information about services and appointment booking are provided.
- Consular Section of the Ottawa Embassy
- Toronto Consulate General
- Extramural consular days in other cities
- Hungarian honorary consuls in Canada
Detailed information on the proofs of Hungarian citizenship, on obtaining Hungarian citizenship, and on submitting citizenship applications is available on the following pages.
Start with our
Read about the citizenship application process here:
- Application for the verification of Hungarian citizenship
- Acquiring or reacquiring citizenship by means of a statement
- Simplified naturalization
Information on the Embassy's services related to vital statistics registration are found on the following pages. These include the registration of births, marriages and deaths in Hungary. Information on the acknowledgement of paternity, on legal name change and on obtaining Hungarian vital statistics certificates is also provided.
Registration in Hungary:
- Requirements for foreign certificates to be used for registration in Hungary
Other services pertaining to vital statistics:
The following information is available on travel documents:
Authentication and Legalization
On the following pages you will find information of notarial services available at the Embassy, such as the authentication of signatures, copies of documents and translations. Information on diplomatic legalization of Canadian official documents for use in Hungary is also available.
- Authentication of signature, copies of documents, translation and certificates of life
- Diplomatic legalization
- Legalization of an authentication by a Canadian notary public
You will find the description of other consular services here. Not every possible service is listed here. Other possible services are indicated on our table of consular fees. Should you have any questions pertaining to services on which information is not provided, please get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information in Hungarian only:
- How to announce that you have moved abroad
- Converting a Hungarian driver's license
- Shipment of human remains
- Benefit of family members of fallen soldiers
- Client Gate
You will find consular and visa fees payable in Canada in our fees table.